Friday, May 1, 2009

It's News: but not for mensa members 5/1


The NY Post reports that Kirstie Alley apologized yesterday on “Oprah” for packing on weight again and letting people down. Alley said the trouble started again when Valerie Bertinelli replaced her as spokesperson for Jenny Craig, telling Winfrey, “I do better when I have some pressure on me.” Alley also admitted she nearly “died” when she saw Bertinelli on the cover of People wearing a bikini. “It was like I was married to someone and they left me…But it inspired me.”

Wait. You were married to a fat Valerie Bertinelli?

The NY Post reposts that Lindsay Lohan’s ex, Harry Morton, is ashamed he dated the actress three years ago. At first Morton denied dating Lohan to Inked magazine, saying, “I didn’t really date her…I really didn’t.” But then he owned up and said it’s “embarrassing being known for that.”
Hey Harry. You shouldn't be too embarrassed, I didn't know who the hell you were before this blurb.

Seven-months pregnant rapper Kelis has filed for divorce from husband Nas.
Kelis is a girl?

The Daily News says that First Lady Michelle Obama took “casual dress to a haute new level” yesterday sporting $540 sneakers made by French design house Lanvin.

Joe Biden asked her not to wear them in enclosed spaces.

Marc Jacobs has admitted that he did friend Madonna a favor and wrote a letter supporting Jesus Luz’s work visa to keep him in the United States. Jacobs told the Daily News that Luz “is the sweetest guy. I hope he and Madonna are happy.”

... For the next three months.

Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin are renting in L.A.’s Mandeville Canyon while she shoots “Iron Man 2.”

Oh F you Gwyenth Paltrow ...