Saturday, January 17, 2009

SiSe



We went to see LANALOGGERS Ryan Farley, Nicole Arena and Cliff Cristofaro's band Sise last night at the Highline Ballroom in NYC. In the freezing cold weather, they were able to pack out the house, both upstairs and down and jam it cool (I had too good of a time last night because I am clearly being an idiot). The point is - I was upstairs and was dancing and I could see everyone below getting down too.
I have only one question for the band. I have been going to SiSe shows for years, since your first show and seen you play at least 40 times since and one thing always baffled me. Why doesn't Carol C (the lead singer, pictured right) wear shoes when she performs? Why? I need to know the answer. I lost a bet with LANALOGGER Michelle Zacks because I said she would no doubt be wearing shoes last night - it was literally 9 degrees out and that stage had to be pretty dirty - and lo and behold - she walks on stage with no shoes. What's the deal? Does she hate shoes? Does she sing better if her feet aren't confined? Isn't she worried about getting some weird foot disease? I mean the band always sounds great - so I guess who cares - but I need to know out of sheer, morbid curiosity (and because I lost a bet). Video to come soon, so you can see what I mean.